What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't move multiple objects

Votes:

I am using PRTG Enterprise Console v18.2.41.1652 and I have imported a large number of devices exported from our Pingmon server which I need to organise into groups by customer. If I select more than one object and choose Move > To Other Group... I get an error (Bad Request). Sorry, the selected object cannot be used here or it does not exist. Error details Version: 18.2.41.1652 Server: 127.0.0.1 URL: /moveobject.htm?id=2110,2111&_hjax=true&wingui=true Time: 13:14:41 Moving individual items works, but it is exceedingly slow.

Any solution or workaround would be much appreciated, as I have a lot of devices and sensors to get through.

enterprise-console error move

Created on Jun 18, 2018 12:18:05 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your contact regarding this matter!

For now I would recommend to use the web interface, since this is working better there.

You can already use the new desktop client now, though it's currently in beta status. You can install it next to Enterprise Console, no need to uninstall anything.

For any further questions or issues, we're glad to help.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 18, 2018 3:17:12 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Oh great, this new Beta one is actually working now for moving the objects, finnaly something that can work easily :) thanks

Created on Jul 27, 2018 12:02:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.