What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hyper-V host Sensor error

Votes:

Hello PRTG,

The sensor "Host Hyper-V" return the following error : Class(es) not found : "Win32_PerfRawData_HvStats_HyperVHypervisorRootPartition" (code : PE235)

Servers : Windows server 2016 Standard with Hyper-V Role (3 servers) Windows Update : Up to date PRTG version : 18.2.41.1652+ All other sensors : Working like a charm

Many thanks in advance for your help

hyper-v windows wmi

Created on Jun 19, 2018 3:28:59 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Sounds like that the operating system of the target Hypervisor did not register the class properly.

Can you use the WMI Tester against that host and execute this query?

SELECT
    Name, DepositedPages
FROM
    win32_perfrawdata_hvstats_hypervhypervisorrootpartition
WHERE
    Name = '_Total'

If the target Windows device still does not respond, this guide can help you to repair the target's WMI system.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 20, 2018 12:51:39 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I have the same problem in Windows 2016.

The class win32_perfrawdata_hvstats_hypervhypervisorrootpartition is not present in Windows 2016.

The command Get-WmiObject -List | Where Name -Match HvStats | Select Name not return win32_perfrawdata_hvstats_hypervhypervisorrootpartition

I think the class has been renamed to Win32_PerfFormattedData_HvStats_HyperVHypervisorPartition

Romain.

Created on Dec 6, 2018 8:25:15 AM

Votes:

Hello Romain,

Could you please perform these two queries using the WMI Tester and provide the results?

SELECT
    Name, DepositedPages
FROM
    win32_perfrawdata_hvstats_hypervhypervisorrootpartition
WHERE
    Name = '_Total'
SELECT
    Name, DepositedPages
FROM
    Win32_PerfFormattedData_HvStats_HyperVHypervisorPartition
WHERE
    Name = '_Total'

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 11, 2018 10:31:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I do not want to highjack this thread, but I have the same problem as Romain described. I have tried the two mentionned WMI queries on Windows 2016 Standard setup as an Hyper-V server and the first returns and error. The second returns the Total result.

How do we get past that?

thanks

Created on Aug 26, 2019 3:17:51 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

No worries. Can you please forward the results in a text file to [email protected]? Kindly refer to this KB entry in your mail. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 27, 2019 12:35:04 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, we are experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same error message (also on Windows server 2016 Standard) did you have an answer yet about this issue ? Thanks

Created on Mar 11, 2020 9:37:06 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

The WMI classes needed to be recreated as the Hypervisor specific classes did not exist. Therefore, you can perform the steps described in this WMI Repair Guide. If it still does not work, you can send the WMI Tester Results listed above to [email protected].

Kind regards,

Created on Mar 12, 2020 7:14:00 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.