What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

support for timeticks

Votes:

Hi guys, do you know if you will be supporting the 'timetick' (100th of a second) format in your sensors? I'm using the ubiquitous 'sysuptime' OID and it returns that unit format. I know how to convert by division but i'm asking for a sensor that reads timeticks adn converts it automatically in output DD:HH:SS

oid prtg snmp sysuptime timeticks

Created on Jul 29, 2018 7:43:39 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Supporting Timeticks as unit is already on our wish list and an internal development case got opened. Right now I cannot tell you when this is going to make it into PRTG, stay tuned!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jul 30, 2018 10:22:41 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is OLD. and im surprised there is no official solution to the wish list.

FWIW you can do what you want already, although it is a workaround. Im using a SNMP custom advanced sensor. its the one that can monitor 10 channels.

Set the channel # unit to custom and save it will bomb you out to the sensor overview, click the cog next to your sensor and apply 100 to the division go back into the sensor settings and set the channel # unit back to seconds, hit save and hit the refresh button to re-read the snmp, next page reload and it will format how you want correctly.

Created on Apr 20, 2023 8:04:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.