What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Acknowledged Alarm Persistence with Schedules

Votes:

I'm unsure if this is possible within PRTG 19.1.49.1966.

We have two groups currently using PRTG, a NOC group and a Helpdesk group.

Our Helpdesk group is wanting to make used of the Acknowledge Alarm feature to enter ticket numbers tracking down systems. The problem we have found is that with the Schedules we have setup in the evenings (our remote kiosk systems turn off overnight) is that because of state changes, the acknowledgement changes to Paused, then come the end of the Schedule, resumes and is in alarm once again. This would force the Helpdesk to reacknowledge the alarms daily and reenter this information just as often. Using the Pause feature is not an option due to a number of other Paused alarms from dependencies on the down systems.

Is it possible to adjust a setting within PRTG to keep the persistance of acknowledged alarms through the Schedules setup in the system?

acknowledge prtg schedules

Created on May 7, 2019 6:46:29 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

After the paused status ended, PRTG does not know if the sensor is still in an error status or not, so a re-scan is applied. Since even if the sensor goes down for any reason like limits or connection issues, PRTG cannot differentiate these and so the original reason for the acknowledgement might have changed.

So to summarize this, I'm afraid that it's not possible to keep this acknowledged status over the paused period.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on May 8, 2019 8:13:01 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I suspected that might be the case. Thank you very much for confirming it.

Created on May 8, 2019 12:49:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.