What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No such objet (error snmp #222)

Votes:

I'm currently trying to install a probe on a Linux virutal machine to control the HDD (Storage)

The probe is installed but i have an error message : No such objet, snmp error #222 SNMP and SNMPD are installed on my Linux server. The monitoring on the HDD doesnt work for know.

Can someone give me some advice to correct this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

PS: sorry for my not fluent english

error snmp snmpd

Created on Jul 1, 2019 2:03:21 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the request.

Does the overall connection work? Please try to add a SNMP Uptime Sensor to the device within PRTG and check if that works.

If you receive a valid response with that sensor, the error is most likely caused due to a misconfiguration of the snmpd.conf from the server.
Please check that configuration file and whether it contains no limitation regarding the OID that are allowed to be queried. Possibly something such as replacing the line starting with view, with the following

view    systemview    included  .1.3.6.1

Afterwards, restart your SNMP services and check again if this helps.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 2, 2019 7:21:06 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sebastian, thank you for your quick response.

I've just installed the sensor you ask me to, and it's not functionnal (red icon, error message : check firewall, routing...)

just to be sure i've check the line view system on my snmpd.conf

I have 2 lines "view systemview included .1.3.6.1" with something else after

Thank you again for your time.

Created on Jul 3, 2019 6:44:30 AM

Votes:

Hi AdSa,

You receive the error message "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"?
In this case, please check whether the SNMP credentials configured in PRTG matches those configured in the target device and all firewalls between the Probe and target device paths.

In addition, please use our SNMP Tester, run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a "Read Device Uptime" against the target device.
Which results do you get in the Tester?

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Jul 3, 2019 12:17:02 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Moritz, thank you for your response.

It's indeed the error message i had. but i figured it out, in my snmpd.conf, i've reduce the mib already present to .1.3.6.1 like suggested Sebastian, and i've uncomment a line that allow the computer to monitor other thing that himslef.

I don't know if i'm clear, tell me if you need more explanatation.

I any case my sensor work.

I would like to thank you for your time.

Created on Jul 4, 2019 11:06:29 AM

Votes:

Hi AdSA,

Thank you for the update.

I'm glad the Sensor is working now.

Have a nice day!

Created on Jul 5, 2019 4:41:36 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I follow this conversation because I have a problem with my hard drive sensor. SNMP works because I can go up the physical memory, for example.

I have SNMP error #222

Do you have a solution to the problem? Thank you for your help.

Created on Mar 17, 2020 4:19:43 PM

Votes:

Hi SCA,

Did you already checked with our SNMP Tester whether the requested OIDs are available?

Created on Mar 18, 2020 8:55:27 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.