What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

APC SmartConnect Integration

Votes:

Has anyone been able to get data out of APC's cloud connected UPS management solution SmartConnect? We have several UPS units that use this and while we can log into the SmartConnect interface and get status/details I'd like to get that data into PRTG to be able to act upon it. APC says that they intergrate with monitoring platforms, but I haven't been abole to find much detail on how to do it.

apc smartconnect ups

Created on Aug 12, 2019 2:08:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, PRTG does not offer native sensors for APC's SmartConnect so far. If the device does not operate the additional "UPS Network Management Cards", it is not possible to monitor them with the built-in APC sensor which requires SNMP that is only "enabled" with the additional Management NIC.

APC says that they intergrate with monitoring platforms, but I haven't been abole to find much detail on how to do it.

That is pretty much the same information we have so far. At present, there is no integration between PRTG and APC's SmartConnect, but I was not able to find a list of all supported monitoring platforms though.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Aug 13, 2019 7:52:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any update about this topic or any planned implementation?

Cause we are thinking about replacing old UPS Systems and if PRTG is able to Monitor APC SmartConnect we do not need to buy the APC Network Management Card extension.

So we have more money to buy new sensors ;-)

Created on May 11, 2020 12:14:33 PM

Votes:

Unfortunately, there are still no news regarding this feature.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on May 11, 2020 12:31:08 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.