What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to custom a map object just to have the value of traffic( in or out) for a MAP

Votes:

Hello,

I'm doing a network map to see our switch, the connexions to them, and i'd like to see the traffic between the switch. I'm already monitoring the switch via PRTG, and I have my sensor getting the values

https://imgur.com/a/shzhZch

I'd like to put at the side of each switch the real time traffic. i dont see any object like that ( just to have the value, no need more) I saw we can do custom object, anyone can provide help? thanks

best Matthieu

real-time traffic value

Created on Sep 19, 2019 6:57:01 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

More info

For exemple, I want traffic In, and Traffic Out, I know how to get the last value of a sensor, but I need to get for exemple: TrafficIN LastValue(Of traffic In)

TrafficOUT LastValue (of traffic Out)

i'm using this one

1. <!--Status Icons: Last Value (On White)-->
  1. <div class="map_object map_icon mapicon_status_white" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="
  2. <@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  3. <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  4. <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  5. <#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">
  1. <span class="label">
  2. <#objectstatus name="trafficin" id="<@objectid>">
  3. <#objectstatus name="lastvalue" id="<@objectid>">
  1. </span>
  2. <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
  3. </div>

(I quoted to avoid issue posting) But it's on the same line, and it show: Not found, and the valor of the last value( working well) thanks

best Matthieu

Created on Sep 19, 2019 8:59:37 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.