What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Quick show of the number of actual devices

Votes:

Bonjour Paessler

I have approx 15 different Geomaps, each showing between 10 - 40 devices associated to the group showed on that map. Geomaps show me the location of each device, which is great. I wanted to add a donut showing the exact number of devices, so the operator openthe map and quickly see "this client has 21 machines online". But all I could find was donuts displaying the whole number of sensors, not the number of devices. Any way I can have the map display that ?

merci, Michel

devices geomaps groups maps

Created on Nov 28, 2019 7:00:16 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Michel,

Thank you very much for your contribution.

The donut charts from the PRTG maps does always show the current sensor states but does not apply to the actual number of devices. The "Treemap" map object that can be found under the "Device Tree Views" section is probably the closest but also this does not show a big number.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 2, 2019 7:38:04 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Bonjour Sebastian,

well thanks: the tree map display does the job for me. No number of devices, but the list does the same: a quick operator view of all devices. Is it possible, though, to have it in transparency like the Donuts, so I can see the map through ?

Michel

Created on Dec 2, 2019 4:06:36 PM

Votes:

Hello Michel,

Thank you very much for your response.

No, that is not available.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 4, 2019 7:17:43 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.