What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Creating custom fields with static data and use with %field

Votes:

Hi, I need tro create a Custom fields for my devices like custom or serial number and more, this is necessary for me because i need to associate this data in a custom tool that open my sharepoint and insert in the url the %field value It's this possible ???

thanks

custom prtg-network-monitor sharepoint

Created on Dec 12, 2019 3:09:47 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add custom fields to a device. You can enter some information about the device (in plain text) in the "Comments" tab of the device.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 13, 2019 8:49:13 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, this is a problem because i need to associate some data field to our sharepoint. So it's possible to reach for each device the field "comment" and edit it trought a db editor ?? so i can create a query that insert for each device ip a comment with the url to reach. regards

Created on Dec 13, 2019 8:57:45 AM

Votes:

You could insert the information in the "Comments" tab of a device by using the API. /api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=XXXX&name=comments&value=xxxxxxx You would need to enter the ID of the device in which you want to insert the comment, and the text that you want to insert.
You can find more information about the API here.

Created on Dec 13, 2019 10:52:34 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks,

have you any suggestion about make active aurl link inside the coment field ?? because i've seen that is only plain text. Thi solution can fix definitivelly all migration problem from the used monitor system.

thanks

Created on Dec 13, 2019 11:03:45 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately, you can not enter a active URL in the "Comments" tab, only plain text.

Created on Dec 13, 2019 1:48:12 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is a big problem...

can i associate active URL in a different tab ?? i need to do this for each device and associate 3 active url ( i musk create by myself the url and connect it to the device)

Created on Dec 13, 2019 1:55:36 PM

Votes:

There is no field in a device where you could add a active URL.

Created on Dec 16, 2019 1:41:12 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.