What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add Cisco Nexus N7706 to PRTG

Votes:

Hello,

I have some cisco devices and want to monitor them using PRTG. For Catalyst switch, I can add sensor using default Cisco template but for Nexus N7706 I can not add any sensors using Cisco default template, just found PING sensor.

Could someone guide me how to add Cisco Nexus N77 to PRTG?

Thanks in advance

cisco nexus-7000-series prtg19

Created on Jan 3, 2020 4:58:55 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

What are you looking to monitor exactly? You can find all available (Cisco) Sensors here. Are you able to add these sensors manually?

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Jan 3, 2020 8:24:09 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 3, 2020 8:25:38 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your response.

Is there any way to add sensors automatically like default Cisco template? I am new to PRTG so I think add sensors manually is not a good way...

Created on Jan 5, 2020 2:39:02 AM

Votes:

If the default Cisco template is not working but you are able to add your desired sensors manually, please do so once. Afterwards you can create a custom device template using this device, if you want to add it several times.

Created on Jan 6, 2020 7:18:55 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.