What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Spezifischer User für RemoteRegistry erlauben

Votes:

Hallo zusammen

Ich möchte einen geplanten Task mittels dem Custom Sensor ScheduledTask2XML.exe überwachen. Soweit funktioniert auch alles aber leider nur mittels Admin-User. Sobald ich einen User ohne Admin-Rechte im Parameter angebe, bekomme ich die Fehlermeldung Cannot open RemoteRegistry service on computer.

Habe herausgefunden, dass dies sofern auch nur als Admin möglich ist, dass sich ja niemand einfach so unbefugt an der Registry zu schaffen machen kann. Nun wollte ich einfach für meine Zwecke einen ByPass für die Geplanten Aufgaben machen, wie es in dieser Doku beschrieben wird: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314837/how-to-manage-remote-access-to-the-registry Bei AllowedPaths habe ich dann einfach Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule eingefügt. Leider hat dies auch nicht funktioniert.

Ab hier kommt dann die Frage, ob es möglich ist, einen spezifischen User für RemoteRegistry freizugeben? PS: Dies müsste nur auf einem Server eingerichtet werden und daher müsste auch nichts über GPO gemacht werden.

Ich stelle mal die Frage im PRTG KB, da ich denke, dass sicher jemand schon auf dieses Problem gestossen ist und eventuell einen Workaround bereit hat.

Danke für die Hilfe und Gruss - Kevin

regedit registry remote scheduled-task windows

Created on Mar 16, 2020 9:46:18 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Kevin,

Did you also try right clicking the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\winreg" key, select "Permissions" from the context menu and add permissions for the user in case?

Sensors | Multi Channel Sensors | Tools | Notifications

Kind regards,

[[http://prtgtoolsfamily.com]] PRTG Tools Family

Created on Mar 16, 2020 12:41:24 PM

Votes:

Thank you! Now it works well :)

Created on Mar 19, 2020 7:26:20 AM

Votes:

Hello, i have the same Problem on a Windows Server 2012R2 and Server 2019.

I give the User read pemission to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\winreg" and set the path "Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule" in the "AllowedPaths" but i still get the error -> prtg cannot open remote registry service on computer

The service Account is configured in the parent device of the sensor and the sensor is set to use the parent host.

If i add the service account to the local admin group its working but i dont want to give this user full admin rights if not necessary.

I would be very thankful for help

Created on Jan 21, 2022 8:33:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.