What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UPS kWh

Votes:

Hello Paessler

Can you help me? We are thinking about getting us a new main UPS to save money, but we want to make a static about how much power the main UPS we have now are using, so we can see the cost of having it.

Is there a way i can see the kWh use on our main UPS??

Best regards Emil Schrøder Jørgensen from Tvilum

apc-ups groups ups

Created on Mar 16, 2020 9:53:38 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Emil,

Thank you very much for your question.

Whether or not this can be monitored with PRTG depends on many uncertainties. It's unclear if the currently UPS provides data about the kWh and you would need to gather some historic data to be able to calculate an average on its annual consumption.
Checking the UPS web interface or its data sheet for that information is probably the easier approach.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 16, 2020 12:22:48 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Emil,

Did you alread have a look at:
Does PRTG provide advanced sensors for APC UPS systems? (topic 73056)

Sensors | Multi Channel Sensors | Tools | Notifications

Kind regards,

[[http://prtgtoolsfamily.com]] PRTG Tools Family

Created on Mar 16, 2020 12:32:35 PM

Votes:

Hello Sebastian & PRTG Tools Family Thanks for the comments.

Sebastian I will try and check for the UPS web interface if it can help me in any way to get a result, and see if i can calculate it from what every info i will get from it :)

PRTG Tools Family No i have not been looking at topic 73056, i will read that through and hope i find a way to get the information im searching for. Thank you

- Emil Schrøder Jørgensen, Tvilum

Created on Mar 17, 2020 2:16:07 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.