What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom EXE/Script sensor returns different values

Votes:

Hello, I have a question regarding a custom EXE/script sensor. I wrote a powershell script, which checks if a previously defined network drive is mapped or not. If the drive is mapped, the script returns "0:drive is connected". If the drive is not mapped or the connection is not present, the script returns "2:connection interrupted". I created the sensor, pointed to my script, saved it and chose prtg.standardlookup.aws.statevalue for my valuelookup. The sensor returns the correct value ONLY for local drives. As soon as I map a network drive and edit my script to check for the newly created drive, the sensor gets the input "2:connection interrupted", even tho the drive is mapped correctly. If I run the script by itself at that monent it returns "0:drive is connected". Only in combination with PRTG/the sensor, the script puts out a wrong message. I even installed a remote probe to test it there on a different computer. But for some reason it will not work for network drives. How can I fix this issue? If you need more information, please let me know.

custom-script-exe custom-sensor network prtg script sensor

Created on Mar 26, 2020 10:27:35 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

This sounds like an issue with the rights. Log on the probe host, open services.msc and change the Logon User of the PRTG Probe Service to a user who is allowed to see the disk. Then run the sensor again to check if it's getting displayed / detected correctly.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 27, 2020 7:47:39 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.