What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Cluster-Infrastructure

Votes:

Hello,

i am currently searching for a solution to optimize our cluster monitoring. We have a cluster with 3+ servers. We are monitoring the cluster ip (Loadbalancer) as well as each host itself.

Is it possible to receive warnings when 1 host is down and critical state when 2 or more hosts are down? Because depending on this state we would trigger different alerting.

Many thanks in advance!

Max

alerting cluster prtg

Created on Mar 26, 2020 11:02:20 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I would recommend to monitor each part of the cluster on its own. After that you can create a Business Process Sensor to combine those states of the existing sensors to your needs.

For example you can define the following:

• If less than 75% of the defined Sensors are green it should switch to Warning
  • If less than 50% of the defined Sensors are green it should switch to Down
    Please let me know if this fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 26, 2020 11:35:49 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.