What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Import failure on MIB Stack

Votes:

Hello,

When i import my MIB with Mib importer i got a failure : Missing import module : FDDI-SMT73-MIB.

Here is the link to the MIB : ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-STACK-MIB.my

Our Switches are Cisco Catalyst 2960

Thanks for your help

Yannick

cisco-switch mib mib-importer switch

Created on Jul 14, 2020 12:38:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

MIB files are usually based on other MIB files, since the files would get quite big if all information is included in one file. PRTG and the MIB Importer has already several MIBs implemented and therefore, this message appears quite rarely. In this case it seems that the "FDDI-SMT73-MIB" is missing and needs to be implemented first. After this one is implemented, you can try to add the MIB again.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 14, 2020 1:36:45 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.