What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Showing Sums Averages table via API

Votes:

Dear Support Team,
Hello,
I can show the graph png or svg with desired period via API (live and historic),
How can i show the "Sums Averages" table that exist under the graph in sensor's page in PRTG UI (live, custom or historic) via API also?
Thanks a lot

api averages data graph historic sums table

Created on Jul 21, 2020 9:17:17 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the historic API only gets you the sensor data. Additional information cannot be computed by the API, that has to be done with the script accessing the API and getting the data.

A (though quite complex) alternative would be to build the interface's historic data URL, get the HTML response from the webserver, and parse the result for data like averages.

Created on Jul 21, 2020 4:33:53 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The table i mentioned is just under the graph and is part of sensor data!

Created on Jul 25, 2020 6:48:40 AM

Votes:

Hello,

the sum (and/or average) is computed from the data table, it is not returned by an PRTG API call.

Created on Jul 27, 2020 12:11:13 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.