What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor REST Dell EMC Capacity Error 422

Votes:

Hello,
I want to use the RESTDell EMC Capacity Sensors to monitor the filesystem usages on our EMC Unity, but after adding the sensor it says:

Cannot load endpoint https://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/api/instances/systemCapacity/0?fields=sizeFree,sizeTotal,sizeUsed,compressionPercent,sizeSubscribed: expected status 200 OK but got 422 Unprocessable Entity.
Any ideas?

Best regards, Torsten

capacity emc rest

Created on Aug 14, 2020 9:26:49 AM

Last change on Aug 14, 2020 1:23:20 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume, that you are using the latest version of the EMC Unity here. Unfortunately, they changed their API here and so the sensor does not work for this version at the moment. We are very sorry about this.

We are already working on a new sensor, which should get released with version 20.x.62.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 14, 2020 3:56:31 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm using PRTG version 20.3.62.1397 and getting a similar error when trying to connect the REST Dell EMC System Health Sensor.

Cannot load endpoint https://x.x.x.x/api/instances/system/0?fields=health,currentPower: expected status 200 OK but got 401 Unauthorized.

Is this also related to the API change for the Dell sensors?

Created on Oct 13, 2020 4:05:40 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

Your error message "Unauthorized" is related to missing permissions here and not to the above mentioned issue here.

In the meantime the new sensor got also released here.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 16, 2020 1:51:15 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.