What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Probe only connects to the master node

Votes:

I know the question, if remote probes can connect to all servers in a cluster, has been asked a lot of times, but the most recent knowledgebase entry about this topic was already two years old. I have a single failover cluster and I just installed my first remote probe. It successfully connected to the master node. The problem now is, that this probe appears in the webinterface of the failover node, but shows status "disconnected". Whe I open the admin tool of the remote probe, I do not see the "Cluster Connectivity" option. What did I do wrong?

disconnected-probe failovercluster prtg-network-monitor remote-probe

Created on Oct 1, 2020 7:01:06 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

You can configure remote probes to send data to all cluster nodes, this is possible.

Regarding the Cluster Connectivity option, you will find it in the probe settings on the Master node. Please, have a look to the manual for more information: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/probe_settings#probe_admin

You will find more information regarding how remotes probes work within a cluster here: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/failover_cluster_configuration#remote_probes_cluster

Kind regards.

Created on Oct 1, 2020 12:29:13 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.