What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DELL EMC ME4 Series Storage

Votes:

Hello everyone, how can I monitor ma DELL ME4 Series Storage? (is a ME4012 Model). This version use the Web Interface for configuration and the PowerVault client is no longer supported. Thank you in advance.

dell dell-powervault sensor

Created on Nov 4, 2020 10:49:47 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

If this dell device has still the API you can use our REST Dell EMC Sensors, for example:
- https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/rest_dell_emc_system_health_sensor
- https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/dell_emc_storage_lun_v2_sensor

Created on Nov 5, 2020 8:48:01 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Seems not working on this device. The returned error is: Invalid Content Type

Created on Nov 5, 2020 8:56:32 AM

Votes:

In this case, I would recommend to check which protocols are supported by the device (e.g SNMP)

Created on Nov 5, 2020 12:42:00 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any solution? the protokoll, that the device is SNMPv3

Created on Mar 19, 2021 7:45:19 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

If the device supports SNMP, you can use one of our SNMP custom Sensors. I would recommend to use the SNMP Library Sensor. For this one, you need a MIB file from the vendor which is then converted into an OIDLib via our MIB Importer.

Created on Mar 19, 2021 10:26:10 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 19, 2021 10:26:33 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just tried it, Dell has released two MIB file, 1 for the Storage Connectivity and another one for for the Traps, but when I Tried to import it with the MIB Importer:

Report for \me4-A03\DELLTRAPS-MIB.mib: Sucessfully included files: 10 of 10 Sucessfully imported OIDs: 0 of 0 OIDs that were useful for PRTG: 0

No OID are imported

Created on Mar 19, 2021 10:58:36 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that you cannot import a MIB which is for SNMP Traps. These type of MIBs can be used to translate OIDs from SNMP Traps in PRTG. Did you ask the vendor to check which MIB file is needed to monitor your target device.
You can also try to run the SNMP tester via the SNMP table OID 1.3.6.1.4.1. There you can use the "walk" option.

Created on Mar 19, 2021 1:27:30 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Also tried with another MIB that contains only options for i/o monitoring, nothing for disk check, raid status etc. No others MIB are available on vendor website.

Created on Mar 19, 2021 1:44:01 PM

Votes:

Thank you for the update. I searched also for a Dell Storage MIB and found this one, did you tried this? https://www.circitor.fr/Mibs/Html/D/DELL-STORAGE-SC-MIB.php

If this MIB also does not work, you can also try the "walk" method I mentioned before. However, if this works also not for you. I would recommend to contact the Dell Support.

Created on Mar 23, 2021 7:07:01 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.