What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where can i implement my custom Lookups to be loaded directly from MIB File?

Votes:

Hello

I have modified the automatically created lookups from one of our MIB Files. How can i directly implement the lookup file into the MIB file, so that i don't have to replace it manually in the custom folder?

When i modify MIB File Section "lookups", it only auto-generates default lookups w/o any state (state="None"). So i always have to replace the custom lookups manually.

If this was not possible, can you tell me if after MIB import the existing custom lookup files are overwritten by the default ones from MIB File?

custom lookups mibs

Created on Jan 18, 2021 1:59:57 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

it's not possible that the automatically created lookup files are defined with states, since this can be different from use case to use case. In addition, the lookup files are only overwritten when the file name is the same. If this is not the case, the file should be not replaced. Furthermore, custom lookup files are in a different directory stored as the one added with the PRTG installation.

Created on Jan 19, 2021 12:41:33 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for the infomative answer. This means when I use the same MIB file for multiple devices/sensors the lookupfiles are always overwritten? Is there a possibility to change the lookup files in windows to "Read only" to prevent overwriting?

Created on Jan 20, 2021 6:29:58 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that if you use the same mib file as a OIDLib for a SNMO Library Sensor, no new lookup files will be created.

Created on Jan 20, 2021 12:55:02 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.