What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG setup with dual NIC

Votes:

How can I setup PRTG with dual NICs? I'd like one nic on network that most PC's are on to access via the web and another nic setup on a totally different network with seperate IP structure that the network infractructure I'd like to monitor are on.

For example

NIC 1 is on 192.168.1.x network with servers,PCs, etc

NIC 2 is on 10.100.0.x network where all the switches, APs, radios

dual-nic installation setup

Created on Feb 4, 2021 7:11:05 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Isn't this just working when you set it up? It shouldn't be something that depends on PRTG, Windows takes care of that.

Created on Feb 9, 2021 2:50:45 PM

Votes:

Hello There,

Yes that's right @michel. If I understand this correctly, by default both network card will appear in PRTG Administration tools so there is no specific settings required in PRTG.

Regards,

Created on Feb 10, 2021 2:34:58 AM by  Himanshu Bhatt [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I just realized that this probably requires you to set the 'Outgoing IP for Monitoring Requests' to be set to 'Auto' in the 'PRTG Administration Tool' under the 'Probe Settings for Monitoring' tab. It's set to Auto by default so unless you changed it, it should just work.

Created on Feb 15, 2021 5:23:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.