What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How are alarms counted in status donut

Votes:

I created custom map objects based on the Donuts:Alarms object, because I only wanted it to show 'Down' and 'Down Acknowledged'. So I customized the file and the include that comes with it.

Now, it seems that the number that is in the center of the circle is a combination of 'Down' and 'Down (acknowledged)' x2.

Here's the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/8JO9wTU.png

27 Down and 20 Acknowledged make for a total of 47, not 67.

Another example: https://i.imgur.com/FAcEg1E.png

5 + 8 = 13

So every time, the Down (Acknowledged) is counted twice.

I know you probably don't support me creating custom objects like this, but can you at least tell me where this number comes from?

donut map prtg

Created on Feb 18, 2021 2:53:05 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I think I've figured it out and it was caused by my own customizations.

<div class="prtg-plugin simpledonut h200" data-plugin="prtg-simpledonut" data-dataset=' <#colorcode color="statusdown">:<#objectstatus name="downsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statuspartialdown">:<#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statusdownack">:<#objectstatus name="downacksens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statuswarning">:<#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statusunusual">:<#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">'> </div>

I had removed multiple entries from the dataset div because I wasn't using them (I only use down and downack). I accidentally had the line downacksens listed twice.

Created on Mar 1, 2021 4:56:35 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello, can you specify what PRTG version you are using?

Created on Feb 23, 2021 8:51:06 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Updated 20.4 to 21.1.65.1767 yesterday. So this is in both those versions.

Created on Feb 24, 2021 12:35:32 PM

Votes:

Thank you for that information, we tried to reproduce the issue but we are not getting that same result. We'd have to see what kind of customization was done to the object. We have the object to show the Alarms. And it shows also the warnings and unusuals, the number shows the total number of alarms. Can you check if perhaps that number showin in that object reflects the total amount of alarms? Otherwise, we would need to take a closer look. You can submit a ticket to [email protected] including more information like all the settings of the map and the custom object.

Created on Feb 26, 2021 5:52:35 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I think I've figured it out and it was caused by my own customizations.

<div class="prtg-plugin simpledonut h200" data-plugin="prtg-simpledonut" data-dataset=' <#colorcode color="statusdown">:<#objectstatus name="downsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statuspartialdown">:<#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statusdownack">:<#objectstatus name="downacksens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statuswarning">:<#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">, <#colorcode color="statusunusual">:<#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">'> </div>

I had removed multiple entries from the dataset div because I wasn't using them (I only use down and downack). I accidentally had the line downacksens listed twice.

Created on Mar 1, 2021 4:56:35 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.