What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ITOps Board - Searching/Evaluating Values in a Field

Votes:

I was wondering if there is a way in ITOps Board to build a search to look at a field and evaluate greater than, less than, etc. For example, I have a bunch of sensors of type wmibandwithsensor. The "LastValue" field is expressed in kbit/s so it will contain values like 43 kbit/s or 1,000, kbit/s. I can search for EXACT VALUES by doing something like:

source.prtg.Tags:"wmibandwidthsensor" AND source.prtg.LastValue:23

This will return all of the wmibandwidthsensor tagged sensors and anything with the EXACT VALUE of 23 kbit/s. What I would LIKE to do is build a search that will return all sensors with a value greater than something. For example:

source.prtg.Tags:"wmibandwidthsensor" AND source.prtg.LastValue:>1000

This search's intent is to find all of the wmibandwidthsensor tagged sensors with a last value greater than 1000 kbit/s. This exact search does not work as I believe it interprets it as text and not an evaluation of a number. Any help would be appreciated

elasticsearch itops-board query

Created on Apr 7, 2021 7:15:07 PM

Last change on Apr 7, 2021 7:41:42 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, currently it is not possible to search for a value 'greater than' or 'lower than' in ITOps Board. It will only show the sensors with the exact value.

A workaround could be to modify the limits on all these sensors, so that for example they change the state from Up to Warning when the values are on a certain range. Then in ITOps you can filter by sensor state 'Warning' as well.

That way it will show all the WMI Bandwidth sensors that are in Warning state, and they will be in warning state when the values hit the threshold specified on the Channel Limit of the sensors.

Created on Apr 10, 2021 5:47:00 AM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.