What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customisation of map object colour

Votes:

Hello,

I would like to change link colors only if there is a Red warning error

I tried some things with map object but it seems to not working very well, i'm explaining :

I created a new object item that I called tableA50 :

<!--Status Icons: Sizeable Icon on Status Related Background (custom colours)-->
<div class="map_object map_icon2 map_icon_large <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_customcolour_" id="<@objectid>">" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">"> <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>"> <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>"> <span> <#objectstatus name="downsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="downacksens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="upsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="pausedsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="<@objectid>"> <#objectstatus name="undefinedsens" id="<@objectid>"> <br> <#objectproperty name="Name" id="<@objectid>"> </span> <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>"> </div>

Then I added this code in my style_custom_V2 file :

.map_object.map_iconcolor_senso,.map_object.map_iconcolor_senso label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_senso span,
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensr,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensr label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensr span,
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensq,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensq label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensq span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statusdown">;
color: #fff;
}
.map_object.map_icon2.map_iconcolor_sensg,.map_object.map_icon2.map_iconcolor_sensg label,.map_object.map_icon2.map_iconcolor_sensg span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statusup">;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensy,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensy label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensy span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statuswarning">;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensb,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensb label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensb span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statuspaused">;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensp,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensp label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensp span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statusunusual">;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensx,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensx label,.map_object.map_iconcolor_sensx span {
background-color: <#colorcode color="statusunknown">;
color: #fff;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasblack {
background-color: #ddd;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasgreen {
background-color: #D5FDDA;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasblue {
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasorange {
background-color: #FED78C;
}
.map_object.map_iconcolor_hasyellow {
}
.map_iconcolor_hasred,.map_iconcolor_haspartialred,.map_iconcolor_hasredok {
background-color: #FFCCCC !important;
}

I reseted my browser's cache and full reloaded my browser but there is no change at all...

If anyone could help me I would be very gratefull

Thanks for your answers

Friendly, Thomas

custom-map-object map-objects maps

Created on May 17, 2021 4:59:07 PM

Last change on May 18, 2021 5:21:48 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your message.

Have you restarted the service of the Core server ? If not, please do so as a restart is necessary to take the modifications into account.

To restart PRTG, I invite you to open PRTG Administration Tool and go to the Service Start/Stop tab.

Regards.

Created on May 19, 2021 6:45:14 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for my late reply.

I obviously tried do restart the Core server but without success.

I am taking every other propositions.

Thanks for your answer.

Friendly

Created on Jun 28, 2021 8:35:09 AM

Votes:

Hello Thomas,

As this is related to customization, I'm afraid that we can't provide further support for it. However, to troubleshoot the current configuration I invite you to check the CSS properties of the object you would like to monitor by using the developer tools of your browser (F12).

So you can get the name of the one you need as well as its current value and then adapt the configuration in style_custom_V2.css.

Regards.

Created on Jul 6, 2021 7:09:39 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.