What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User login issue

Votes:

Has anyone come across this error before ?

New ticket: Potential Malicious Login Blocked Login blocked of user "User", reason: failed sanitization checks: fullname - no user object was created if initial login

In AD the account is not locked or expired. Any ideas ?

blocked login potential-malicious user

Created on Jul 29, 2021 8:56:25 AM

Last change on Jul 30, 2021 6:28:22 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Can you check to see if the full name filed has any kind of special characters in it besides letters or numbers?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 30, 2021 2:45:34 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello,

I have a same issue! Users are synced to our domain. One of existing user can't logon anymore with message: "Login blocked of user "bke", reason: failed sanitization checks: email - no user object was created if initial login" User deleted from PRTG but got the same error message. I've compared user details with other users, there isn't any difference, No special chars in any field. PRTG Network Monitor version 21.3.69.1333 x64. If you like I can create a support ticket! Thanks! Zoltan

Created on Aug 4, 2021 6:14:47 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Can you please verify if the user has any special characters anywhere in their name or username? If so we have planned a fix for this issue with our next release. Until then, this will cause this issue.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 5, 2021 2:16:36 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello,

as I wrote on 4th of August: "I've compared user details with other users, there isn't any difference, No special chars in any field."

Zoltan

Created on Aug 6, 2021 5:43:55 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Apologies. Can you please open a trouble ticket for this? It would appear we need some logs to investigate this.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 6, 2021 6:07:22 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello everyone, was a solution found to this login issue? I am having the same problem. Potential Malicious Login Blocked

Created on Nov 26, 2021 5:39:11 PM

Votes:

Make sure if you have any automation trying to use PRTG, like an API call tied to a scheduled task or script, that the account has proper credentials.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 29, 2021 8:35:03 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.