What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding Power Supply SNMP sensor for Cisco Nexus 5548 switch

Votes:

From what I can tell there is no build in sensor for Nexus 5548 switches. I am trying to add a sensor to monitor if one of the power supplies fails. I managed to download a copy of the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB version 1 from Cisco's site. I imported it into the Paessler MIB Importer tool and export out a .oidlib file that I copied to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs" directory.

I then tried adding SNMP Library sensors to the device and found it came with a fair amount of granular sensors that I could select from in the web interface. I selected a number of them that might be related to monitoring the power supply status but I was confused as to which sensor I would require and if additional configuration to the sensor would be required once it was added.

All the sensors I have added so far show green but currently one of the two power supplies are not functional so I should be getting some kind of error. Not familiar with managing mibs or pulling info from induvial OIDs so any help would be apricated.

5548 cisco mib nexus oid power-supply snmp

Created on Sep 13, 2021 7:58:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

I would recommend to check out the MIB details from circitor.fr. There you will find the definitions for certain OIDs in the MIB file.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Sep 14, 2021 11:52:26 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.