What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Donut graph with capacity limit

Votes:

Hi All,

i cannot find this anywhere so thought i would ask

essentially, I have

2x individual factory sensor(s) looking at over all volume consumption 1x combined factory sensor looking at both of the individuals (above) and combining their data for an overall view of consumption. Should both sensors reach 550gb of volume consumed within a month, an alert is generated

what i want to do is put the combined factory sensor into a donut (or similar) so it can be viewed on a map .. so the locations can identity and or view when they are about to cap and put additional controls in place locally to prevent the capping

is there a means to do this? i cannot find anything :(

capacity donut factory-sensor limit volume

Created on May 30, 2022 3:10:26 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

We do not have a donut object that can drill down to the channel level. To see channel level metrics, you need to use the Status Icons -> Channels map object. This will show a table of the individual channels of a sensor.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 1, 2022 6:15:00 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Thanks Bejanmin, however, I think I am asking the wrong thing.

I can add combined (factory sensor) for an interface (in+out) for an overall view. but how can i add a limit to volume based on the combined interfaces? (i hope that made sense) .. example

combined interface traffic (total volume) with a limit of 500Gb per month.

i know an alert can be done via the factory sensor based on the limit set within the alert itself .. but how can i get that alert part into a sensor? the 500gb per month part (the limit)? - on a donut / or status icon

Cheers Chuck

Created on Jun 2, 2022 1:36:24 AM

Votes:

Alternatively .. is there a means to get combined volume value info from the Sensor Factory and display it on a map?

Created on Jun 2, 2022 3:29:03 AM

Votes:

Chuck,

This can be done with channel limits on the channel itself just like with any other channel in PRTG. You don't have to define these limits in the channel definition. Does this make sense?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 2, 2022 5:04:51 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi bejnamin, sorry for the delayed response. I looked into the channel limits and i can only see defining speed (but i need volume). however, you saying .. i can do this in the channel itself (edit channel: limits) .. but i dont have to define it .. is not making any sense to me :(

steep learning curve for me here :(

Created on Jun 17, 2022 6:39:03 AM

Votes:

For clarification ... the channel info (sensor factory) only shows (from what i can tell), speed (Upper Warning Limit (kbit/s)) not consumption .. i need (example) 500gb consumed out of 600gb available .. hope this makes sense

Created on Jun 17, 2022 6:58:01 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Your best option here would be to open a support ticket, and get one of our support engineers to assist you with this. We would need to see screenshots. Email [email protected], or visit paessler.freshdesk.com to sign up for an account with our helpdesk system.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 17, 2022 10:35:36 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.