What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Oracle Bucket Sensor

Votes:

Define buckets and each channel depending on the value would fall into one or more buckets. You might show the count, or the average number that fall into the bucket.

For example this query would show you the response time for all active inactive for sessions for user and background sessions.

select round(et_last_call/60) as "SECONDS",  type || status as "ACTSTAT" from v$session;

Buckets
0-2 seconds
3-5 seconds
6-15 seconds
16-90 seconds
90-unlimited seconds
No value or rows

For example
channel 1 - where ACTSTAT = 'USERACTIVE'
channel 2 - where ACTSTAT = 'USERINACTIVE'
channel 3 - where ACTSTAT = 'BACKGROUNDACTIVE'
channel 4 - where ACTSTAT = 'BACKGROUNDINACTIVE'

If you overlap the buckets it would accumulate in more than one bucket.

This would be useful to show the responsiveness of the application.

I can write sql where each channel is a bucket however then you can only display one datapoint per sensor. So in the above example you would need 4 sensors to display that information.

oracle prtg sql

Created on Jul 4, 2022 7:33:15 PM

Last change on Jul 5, 2022 6:21:10 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello RWOLF,

Thank you for the post, I wanted to know more on your configuration and goal, also with your post I'm not sure if you need assistance or just wanted to share how to monitor the Oracle buckets with PRTG.

Are you using the Oracle SQL v2 sensor? https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/oracle_sql_v2_sensor

Created on Jul 5, 2022 7:45:08 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.