What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

QoS sensor added : Issue

Votes:

Hi,

Added QoS (Quality of Service) One Way Sensor to my PRTG solution to source probe (local probe (127.0.0.1)) to a target probe (remote probe (10.4.6.5)). But getting ( Timeout. No packets received. (code: PE062)).

I have used the port 50000. Seems the port needs to be opened.

Please confirm what I have added was correct, is the issue only with communication?

Gone through the below link as well.

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/qos_quality_of_service_sensor#channels

Thanks, Sanoj

Thanks

prtg qos source

Created on Aug 8, 2022 2:29:16 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sanojs
Thanks for reaching us. This sensor will require a particular set of features, please see the following to make sure you have completed them

This sensor has a high performance impact. Use it with care. We recommend that you use no more than 200 sensors of this sensor type on each probe.

You must configure at least one remote probe in your PRTG Network Monitor setup for this sensor to work, and at least two remote probes in PRTG Hosted Monitor. You can create this sensor on the probe device of a local probe or a remote probe. This sensor only supports the IPv4 protocol.

You cannot add this sensor to the hosted probe of a PRTG Hosted Monitor instance. If you want to use this sensor, add it to a remote probe device.

After making sure this is correct. Can you also take a sniffer capture and confirm there is traffic flowing? this error indicates that something could be blocking the traffic. Possible a Firewall or AV

Created on Aug 22, 2022 7:22:35 PM by  Luis Quesada (Paessler Technical Support)

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.