What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setup Trigger for Notification

Votes:

Hello,

i test in the moment different Trigger-Setups. I need a trigger wich should send out only a mail if the sensor is 1h in failurestate.

My tested Trigger has the follow setup State-Trigger Sensor more than 3660sec in state down --> send mail

The sensor is a Powershellscript for a API-Interface Scanning-Interval is 30min (1800 sec) Query Fails: set sensor 1 intervall to warning

I have configured this but i recieve the mail urgently. Please can you give me some tips how to setup the trigger correct.

many thanks

Christof

notification trigger trigger-setup

Created on Sep 8, 2022 12:07:11 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

From what you mention it seems the trigger is set correctly. Go to your device -> Notification Triggers and check the section below "Triggers that can be inherited from parent objects". From there select "Only use the triggers defined above".

I think perhaps an inherited trigger is sending you the immediate email. Hope this helps.

Created on Sep 15, 2022 7:10:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.