What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL Security Check TLS 1.3

Votes:

We are getting requests from our insurance company's cybersecurity department and our own security team about TLS 1.3 compliance. We have relied on PRTG for older protocol levels but 1.3 is still not recognized by PRTG. Please give us an update and the expected availability of that feature.

certificate encryption security ssl tls-1-3

Created on Oct 31, 2022 10:27:37 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Tom,

The Sensor you are mentioning is scheduled for a complete rewrite and already on the schedule of our sensor developers. I don't have any insight in their internal schedule, so I currently can't provide an expected availability here.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Nov 4, 2022 4:18:43 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are in need of this too. We enabled TLS 1.3 only (no TLS 1.1 or 1.2) on one of our hosts and now this PRTG sensor does not work at all.

PRTG it is good to hear you are working on this, but it is totally unreasonable that this sensor does not support TLS 1.3. It has been an IETF standard for 4 years now. Please prioritize this.

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/tls-1-3-approved/

Created on Nov 6, 2022 4:13:39 PM

Votes:

Thank you for the response. Security has become such a high profile component of our operations so anything Paessler does to improve PRTG's capabilities in that area is welcomed. I recommend that you have a special development group that is dedicated to security related sensors and features if you want to stay competitive. Improved reporting would improve your security strengths as well.

Created on Nov 21, 2022 2:53:57 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.