What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Monitor Windows Server Firewall

Votes:

Hi all,

Sometimes admins (including mysellf) will turn off the Windows firewall on a server for testing or troubleshooting an app and forget to turn it back on when they're finished. I know you can monitor Windows client firewalls but I was wondering if there's a way to monitor if the firewall on a Windows server is up or down for a given profile (the domain profile for example).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

prtg security windows

Created on Nov 18, 2022 6:19:14 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Speculator,

Thank you for your post, we currently do not have a native sensor that can give you this information, however if you come up with a PS script that can give you the desired data you can add it to PRTG and use this sensor: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exe_script_advanced_sensor

Regards, Oscar

Created on Nov 22, 2022 7:55:46 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello Speculator,

Thank you for your post, we currently do not have a native sensor that can give you this information, however if you come up with a PS script that can give you the desired data you can add it to PRTG and use this sensor: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exe_script_advanced_sensor

Regards, Oscar

Created on Nov 22, 2022 7:55:47 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your reply. I did think about the script sensor - I just thought it was best to check and see if there was an official way to do it. I'll certainly have a look into coming up with a PS script. All I really need is a true/false response so it's probably not that difficult.

L8r.

Created on Nov 22, 2022 10:15:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.