What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification on LINE

Votes:

Hi,

Is it possible to receive LINE notification regarding my PRTG via LINE?

Thank you.

line notifications prtg

Created on Nov 25, 2022 7:42:44 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

In order for you to integrate with LINE, you can follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to https://notify-bot.line.me/en/ . Please login with your credentials.

LINE Notify Page

2. On the top right hand corner, go to the drop down Menu and select My Page

My Page

3. Go to Generate access token (For developers) and click on the button Generate token.

Generate token

4. Please do enter a token name and select the Group you would like the notifications to send to.

Select Group

5. You will get the token. Please do save this token as you will require this later on.

Token

6. Please do copy the sample script below. You will be require to put in the token you get in Step 5 and replace the XXXXX in the script. Besides that, you can also modify the body of the message as well.

Param(
 [string]$Device,
 [string]$Name,
 [string]$Status,
 [string]$Down,
 [string]$DateTime,
 [string]$Message,
 [string]$Sitename
)
$headers = New-Object "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary[[String],[String]]"
$headers.Add( "Authorization", "Bearer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX")
$headers.Add("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

$body ="message=Sitename : $($Sitename) Device : $($Device) Status : $($Status) Name : $($Name) Message : $($Message)"

$response = Invoke-RestMethod 'https://notify-api.line.me/api/notify' -Method 'Post' -Headers $headers -Body $body
$response | ConvertTo-Json

7. After you modify the script, please go the server which you install your PRTG. Paste your script in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\notifications\exe.

8. Login to your PRTG web interface. Go to Setup > Account Settings > Notification Templates.

9. Press the + button to add Notification Template and select Execute Program.

10. For the Executable select the script that you have added in Step 7. For the parameters, you will need to change according to the body of your script. Example below:

Program

11. Then setup your Notification Triggers based on your own requirements. https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_notifications_settings

Then you are all set.

Example of the notification I obtained from LINE.

Example Notification

Created on Nov 25, 2022 8:56:18 AM

Last change on Nov 25, 2022 9:16:22 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.