What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What does the acquisition of ITPS AG by Paessler AG mean for me as a CORP-IT Plug-in user?

Votes:

I use the SLA Plug-in, Data Pump Plug-in, or the DB Plug-in from CORP-IT. Now that Paessler has acquired ITPS, what is going to happen to these plug-ins? Is there anything I should do?

data-pump-plugin db-plugin extensions itps prtg prtg-data-exporter prtg-database-observer prtg-sla-reporter sla-plugin

Created on Nov 22, 2023 12:33:17 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 28, 2023 11:48:32 AM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of December 2023

Note: This article will be updated as more information is made available. For any questions that are not answered below or to migrate your existing Corp-IT plug-In configuration to the new Paessler PRTG extensions, contact [email protected].

Paessler AG acquired ITPS AG, now known as Paessler Solutions. With this acquisition, three CORP-IT plug-ins have been relaunched and updated:

Paessler PRTG SLA Reporter (previously known as SLA Plug-in)

Paessler PRTG Data Exporter (previously known as Data Pump Plug-in)

Paessler PRTG Database Observer (previously known as DB Plug-in)

What the relaunch means for former CORP-IT Plug-In users...

...monitoring PRTG Enterprise Monitor and PRTG Network Monitor installations

Your current plug-in is being discontinued. This means that the plug-in version in use will continue to function normally, but there will be no future product updates. If you want to take advantage of future updates, bug fixes, and new features, you will need to use the corresponding PRTG extension and complete a technical migration that will move your configuration and saved data.

How can I get the new PRTG extensions?

As of January 1, 2024, you can purchase PRTG extensions through an annual subscription. The subscription comes with an up-to-date version of the extension. Contact Paessler via [email protected] if you want more information about this new licensing model.

You can also request a free 30-day trial for each of the three extensions from their respective pages on the Paessler website.

What happens to the maintenance plan I have already purchased?

When a maintenance plan expires, Paessler no longer offers maintenance renewal. Instead, updates and service come as part of your subscription.

If you continue to use the plug-in without migrating to the PRTG extension, maintenance plans will remain valid until that expiration date. However, we encourage you to migrate to the new extensions to benefit from the updates and several improvements. If you have running maintenance on your current license, and you want to switch to our new subscription model, please reach out to [email protected].

Users whose maintenance expires between October 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023 can contact us at [email protected] for a one-time extension on their maintenance until February 29, 2024.

...monitoring PRTG Hosted Monitor installations

If you use your current Plug-in in combination with Paessler PRTG Hosted Monitor, you cannot switch to the new PRTG extensions yet. Therefore, Paessler Solutions will ensure your license continues running normally until we can provide this possibility. If your maintenance is about to expire, please contact Paessler Solutions.

More

For more information about all PRTG extensions and how they can be used to enhance your PRTG experience, see the Paessler website: Paessler PRTG Extensions.

For more information about the PRTG SLA Reporter, PRTG Data Exporter, and PRTG Database Observer, see the Knowledge Base: What should I know about PRTG SLA Reporter, PRTG Data Exporter, and PRTG Database Observer?

Created on Nov 23, 2023 2:52:18 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 14, 2023 7:50:15 AM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.