What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Sensor

Votes:

Dear Support,

We upgraded the PRTG to the version 9.1 and we are trying to add a SNMP sensor for the disk of a Unix machine to monitor the free space but we need to monitor the disk remaining. If less than 80% of the disk is used we need to send an alert. What I found today is a "SNMP Linux Disk Free" sensor that monitor the space on the phisical partitions and not on the logical partitions (/, /tmp, /var etc). I found using "SNMP Library" Paessler common that is possible to see the store used and storage size of the partitions but when I monitor this in % I can only see that the store is 0% (that is the total storage size) and the disk used is 0% (total disk used) and we need a sensor that verifies the total disk and monitor the used space and shows in %. I know that in previous versions we had this option. How can we achieve this goal using this new version?

Best regards,

prtg9 snmp snmp-library

Created on Oct 5, 2011 7:34:26 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

would it be possible to use the SSH-Disk Sensor?

best regards.

Created on Oct 6, 2011 4:15:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.