What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sonicwall SNMP Data

Votes:

Hello,

I have the following problem when reading out a sonicwall NSA 2400 or NSA 3500. On both i have the same situation.

I want to read the bandwith usage through snmp. This is working fine but i have to quess the interface names because i only get this :

Name Status Speed Type 64bit Internal name (001) none Connected 0 KBit/s Software Loopback Yes none (002) none Connected 100 MBit/s Ethernet Yes none (003) none Not Connected 0 KBit/s Ethernet Yes none (004) none Connected 1 GBit/s Ethernet Yes none (005) none Connected 1 GBit/s Ethernet Yes none (006) none Not Connected 0 KBit/s Ethernet Yes none (007) none Connected 100 MBit/s Ethernet Yes none (008) gm6 Connected 0 KBit/s Ethernet Yes (009) gm7 Connected 0 KBit/s Ethernet Yes

I now have to quess whcih interface is the one i need. For instance 004 could be the LAN but also the DMZ interface.

I found an sonicwall KB article. There is an example and there it is working fine.

Am i doing something wrong?.

Regards,

Martijn

prtg snmp sonicwall

Created on Oct 7, 2011 2:36:20 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

in the device settings go to the SNMP Compatibility options and use

[port] [ifalias][ifdescr]

as "Port Name Template"

then try to add the sensors anew. You should now have more information on your interfaces

Created on Oct 7, 2011 2:42:09 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the quick reply. This solved the problem.

Regards.

Created on Oct 7, 2011 2:56:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.