What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to calculate Uptime for a PING sensor instead of downtime?

Votes:

I have tried following formula for a channel definition in a Sensor Factory:

1. 1:Uptime % 100-Channel(2004,-4)

(2004 is an ID of a PING sensor in my test case; -4 is downtime channel of a PING sensor)

Above formula seems to work only for a channel data which gets shown only on current (default 2 hours) graphs. All the other graphs for that Sensor Factory do not calculate properly - in other words: there is no data (empty results) calculated for older data, at all. Am I doing something wrong or should this work?

factory ping-sensor sensor

Created on Oct 9, 2011 9:54:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry but the downtime channel (ID -4) contains specific values, not matching the 'structure' of normal monitoring values, and therefore this channel cannot be used in the Sensor Factory for calculations.

best regards.

Created on Oct 10, 2011 2:59:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.