What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Inherit sensor channel settings

Votes:

Is is possible to have sensor channel settings inherit? I.e i want all my snmp traffic monitor sensor channels to plot on a 0-100 mbits vertical axis, rather than be dynamic. Is there a way of setting that at device level and have that propagate down?

channels snmp-sensor snmp-traffic

Created on Oct 14, 2011 3:30:55 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is no global setting, but with the Multi-Edit on Channels (in PRTG 9) you can do this on multiple sensors at once!

Created on Oct 17, 2011 12:30:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you could try using the Multi-Edit on Channel Settings of your SNMP Traffic Sensors (this requires PRTG 9).

best regards.

Created on Oct 14, 2011 4:09:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I've done that, but was wondering if there's one place i could set it and have all the traffic sensors inherit the setting. Otherwise i have to manually change it for each sensor.

Created on Oct 17, 2011 8:44:15 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is no global setting, but with the Multi-Edit on Channels (in PRTG 9) you can do this on multiple sensors at once!

Created on Oct 17, 2011 12:30:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ahhh.. got ya. That will do! Thanks very much!!!

Created on Oct 17, 2011 1:00:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.