What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

monitoring more than one ip

Votes:

Hello everyone, my network monitoring with PRTG every day earns more hits. but still there are something that I have to fit. so go ahead...

it's possible do monitoring a router cisco by two ip address it ? for exemplo, these router cisco has two Interfaces Wan each one with a ISP MPLS. from my PRTG machine I can reach it for two wan IPs but when I go to add a device in PRTG there is only a field for that device ip address. so when that wan go to down the PRTG show all interfaces are down too. but is a false information because the PRTG is doing gets snmp only in an wan Interface that is down. I wish the PRTG does gets snmp in more than one ip adress.

how can I reach this ?

thanks

prtg prtg8 snmp

Created on Oct 20, 2011 7:39:09 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

add the device a second time and use the other IP address.

Created on Oct 21, 2011 6:43:24 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks.

I think this issue can to be treated in the next version. should be good if there should be more than one field for IP address when add a device.

Created on Oct 21, 2011 12:23:09 PM

Votes:

Sorry, but currently there are no plans to implement/change this.

Created on Oct 21, 2011 1:36:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

just ad SNMP community and let PRTG monitoring all interfaces...

(Admin right required)

Created on Oct 26, 2011 1:35:59 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.