What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Mac OSX 10.6

Votes:

How I can to monitor cpu and network bandwith of mac computers of my network? I have enabled SNMP daemon via terminal, but I only can see ping sensor when I try to discover sensors from PRTG.

Thanks.

10-6 mac monitoring osx snmp

Created on Nov 30, 2011 8:34:55 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you manually add a "SNMP Uptime" sensor to the device in PRTG, which represents the Mac OS X 10.6 host?

best regards

Created on Nov 30, 2011 12:33:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If I add a "uptime sensor" manually I receive the error:

"No Such Name (error SNMP # 2)"

Created on Nov 30, 2011 12:39:20 PM

Votes:

That would mean there is a general problem with the SNMP communciation. You can use our SNMP Tester to help in troubleshooting. It could be wrong SNMP Settings (Community String, Version, Port) or maybe the requesting IP is not allowed to send SNMP Requests, etc..

Created on Nov 30, 2011 3:13:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's possible. But I request help because I don't know very well OSX and perhaps something know this problem.

Easily the problem is community or another snmp parameter, but I don't know how to do changes or where check this info in OSX.

Created on Nov 30, 2011 3:21:55 PM

Votes:

That's understandable, but I'm afraid we can't support configuring target devices.

Created on Nov 30, 2011 4:02:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I understand you can not provide help on specific targets. But I hoped that someone from community had encountered a similar problem (monitor a Mac) and knew the answer.

Thanks.

Created on Dec 1, 2011 10:54:32 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.