What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to get list of windows logged in users showing in a channel

Votes:

I've used the UserLoggedIn sensor to get a count of the number of logged in users and the last message shows the list of logged in users. Is it possible to get the list of logged in users as a channel so it keeps track of which users are logged in.

If this isn't possible with the UserLoggedIn sensor directly, is it possible to get access to the source for this sensor so I can make the necessary changes. I've grabbed the PRTG-Addons source but there's no record of it in the svn history.

Regards

+Steve

prtg sensor userloggedin

Created on Nov 30, 2011 10:27:12 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Steve,

I'm afraid channels of sensors in PRTG cannot hold/save any text-results, therefor you can't save the logged users in the channel-results of a sensor. You could save it as sensor message though, which seems to be done by the sensor already.

best regards.

Created on Nov 30, 2011 2:34:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten,

Is it possible to see what the message was at a particular point in time? I would like to be able to see who was logged on at a point in time when another sensor may be alerting us to an issue.

Regards

+Steve

Created on Nov 30, 2011 5:12:58 PM

Votes:

The sensor mesages should be written into the sensors "Log". Did you check this one already?

Created on Nov 30, 2011 6:09:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.