What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Relinking a deleted probe

Votes:

A probe device was deleted by accident (right click on probe > delete > yes). The probe is still physically installed on the server and we do wish to monitor it but it doesn't appear to reconnect to the prtg core server. Restarting the probe service does nothing, a reinstall of the probe does not cause it to become a 'new probe.' Restart of core server did not resolve. I'm assuming there is something on the server that still thinks this probe is not 'new' but since it was deleted we can't see it. Hope that makes sense. Any thoughts? Currently running latest prtg core build (as of 12/1). Thanks!

delete probe prtg

Created on Dec 1, 2011 2:10:16 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

when a probe is 'deleted', it's IP get's written into the "Denied IPs"-List under "Setup"->"System Administration"->"Probes". After removing the IP from this list the Probe will appear as a new probe.

best regards.

Created on Dec 1, 2011 4:48:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I knew it had to be something simple like that. Thank you much!

Created on Dec 1, 2011 5:07:33 PM

Votes:

Good afternoon,

A week ago i delete a remote probe from a Server and I can not fin the probe in Denied IP list.

Created on Apr 20, 2017 4:24:28 PM

Votes:

Did you delete the Probe in the PRTG Webinterface or "only" delete the Probe Service on the server itself?

Created on Apr 21, 2017 7:43:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.