What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Schedule notifications for devices during nights

Votes:

I would like to disable notifications during nights for devices that are only supposed to be supported during business hours (8 hours x 5 days).

I created a SLA 8x5 (for example 8:00 till 18:00) schedule, but after 18:00 till 8:00 the devices are paused in the interface and dont have any monitored information?

I want to still keep monitoring the devices, but to disable the notifications during the nights.

At the moment we are using PRTG 8

24x7 8x5 disable nights notifications prtg8

Created on Dec 6, 2011 8:04:17 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

just use a separate notification for those devices and assign the schedule to the notification, in the Settings of the notification.

best regards.

Created on Dec 7, 2011 1:43:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We already have two schedules, so we have 24x7 and 8x5, i checked the settings but the devices/sensors are paused/not monitored when it is past 18:00.

Created on Dec 7, 2011 1:49:53 PM

Votes:

Yes, if you want the devices to be monitored all the time (but not notified after 6pm), remove their schedule setting, and add the schedule to the notification.

Created on Dec 7, 2011 3:50:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It seems i cant get this to work, can you help us with this.

Or do we need to send in a ticket to Paessler with our question?

Created on Dec 11, 2011 9:44:32 PM

Votes:

Just set the schedule in the notification's settings:

Created on Dec 12, 2011 3:31:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes i got that running, do i also need to set "Postpone" to yes?

Created on Dec 12, 2011 3:39:42 PM

Votes:

'Yes' on Postpone means when this notification is triggered during a scheduled pause, it will be sent after the scheduled pause ends. With 'No' it will be discarded. So if you don't want notifications from a scheduled pause-period of said notification, then you probably want to set this setting to 'No'.

Created on Dec 12, 2011 5:22:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Still getting the "Paused until 13.12.2011 08:00:00" messages, i cannot get it to work.

I see no other way than using the schedule to disable mail or sms during nights.

Created on Dec 12, 2011 7:58:13 PM

Votes:

Where do you see these messages? On the devices? On the notifications? Did you set the schedule on the actual notification which are used in triggers?

Created on Dec 13, 2011 1:58:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.