What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change the default chart type?

Votes:

For sensors which should bandwidth, I always need to change the Sensor Display setting to "show in and out traffic as positive and negative area". Is it possible to modify the configuration of PRTG so that this is the default chart type?

bandwidth chart default snmp

Created on Dec 7, 2011 9:35:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Ian,

I'm afraid it's not possible to set this graph type as "global default". The only option might be to create a device template from with one SNMP Traffic Sensor with this Graph Type set, and then use this template to discover other new SNMP Traffic Sensors.

best regards.

Created on Dec 8, 2011 2:50:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear, Do you know if this feature is available now ? I have exactly the same need. Best regards

Created on Mar 30, 2017 1:44:03 PM

Votes:

It's still the same. You can easily set it for all existing sensors with the Multi-Edit or with Device Templates for newly added sensors (with the Auto-Discovery). Manually added sensors have to be changed after being created.

Created on Mar 31, 2017 5:13:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.