What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I monitor a Hyper-V Clustered Shared Volume?

Votes:

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V cluster with 3 hosts. In the cluster I have 3 Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV). I need to monitor available disk space on these volumes.

Any of the hosts can own any of the CSV's, so I am unable to configure the usual WMI Disk Free Space sensor since I don't know wcich host own which CSV-volume at any time.

Does anyone know how to do this?

cluster-shared-volume csv disk hyper-v wmi

Created on Dec 14, 2011 1:18:11 PM

Last change on Mar 8, 2012 11:38:13 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volume Disk Free Sensor is available out-of-the-box as of PRTG version 12.3.4.

Created on Jan 21, 2014 4:23:41 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

I have the same problem. Hope someone knows an answer.

Created on Jan 4, 2012 9:09:19 AM

Votes:

Please take a look at one of the following articles:

Since these are third party solutions, there is no support from our side so far, sorry.

Created on Feb 5, 2012 10:02:39 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 8, 2012 11:39:17 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

There will be a new Sensor type for Cluser Shared Volumes, soon. It is in the internal testing phase at the moment and will be released within the next few weeks.

Please follow the PRTG release notes history for updates.

Created on Sep 20, 2012 2:11:38 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volume Disk Free Sensor is available out-of-the-box as of PRTG version 12.3.4.

Created on Jan 21, 2014 4:23:41 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.