What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

RPC server unavailable

Votes:

We have a random problem with our monitoring.

Clients that we have setup in PRTG will return the RPC server unavailable error for all the sensors.

This happens in a random base and it can be with 2 or 3 clients at the same time or more. It can also be working fine without RPC errors for a couple of days in a row.

I would like to know if anyone else have this issue and what could be the possible solutions.

Thanks

alarms prtg rpc-server

Created on Dec 19, 2011 2:51:37 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I actually have this issue all the time on different OS. 2008R2, 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2003. I have WMI sensors that will work fine for a week or so then stop then a few months later start working again. I have tried creating a local admin account and using it to monitor which also does not work. I think it is a microsoft issue but it would be nice if there was a way to do more windows based monitoring with snmp, example logged in users and usernames.

Created on Dec 3, 2014 5:51:32 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.