What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto update to 9.1.5.1900 displays status of updating even though it has finished

Votes:

I ran the auto update and the core server and the two nodes we have had finished updating (if I run-up the prtg probe admin on the servers it reports the correct versions)

The upgrade was performed yesterday and today I've had to bounce the nodes as I was getting WMI errors on monitored servers that had restarted. After restarting the nodes everything came back to normal. However the update status is still saying "Updating to version 9.1.5.1900.

auto-update core-server probe prtg9

Created on Dec 29, 2011 2:25:52 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Conrad,

seeing as version 9.1.6 is already available, can you try updating to this one with the auto-update?

best regards.

Created on Dec 29, 2011 12:19:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've done the update to 9.1.6 but it still displays the following

Updating to version 9.1.6.1963. (12/30/2011 8:40:02 AM) - it is now 10:31

I've checked all the nodes and core server and they are all reporting the new version.

Any other thoughts?

Created on Dec 29, 2011 9:32:32 PM

Votes:

that is in the line Latest auto-update message?

if so, this is OK, it is simply the latest mesage from auto update.

You could as well have updated manually, then the latest auto update message wold still show the latest version that was install using the auto update.

Created on Dec 30, 2011 8:08:19 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.