What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reports permissions

Votes:

One of my customer is running a remote probe with several sensors, he would like to be able to generate his own reports.

Could you tell me how to change the permissions that he can create reports only for his remote probe / sensors ?

Thank you very much

permissions reports user

Created on Jan 12, 2012 6:51:50 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Just to check, the user is of the Account Type: Read/Write User?

Created on Jan 12, 2012 3:51:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

You would have to add a user for the customer in case, with full access (read / write) to his objects (probes / sensors). You can define the access level either for the probes (in which case the user would have access to all underlying objects) or for individual objects only (e.g. devices or sensors).

Created on Jan 12, 2012 2:02:16 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for this answer, I just did it, but when I logged with my customer account to test, the reports menu doesn't allow me to create a "new" report.

It is just empty...

I checked the permissions, they are set to full for all the "probes, devices, sensors".

Any ideas ?

Created on Jan 12, 2012 2:07:07 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Just to check, the user is of the Account Type: Read/Write User?

Created on Jan 12, 2012 3:51:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Sir,

Thank you it was it :)

Created on Jan 12, 2012 3:56:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.