What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory Integration Error

Votes:

I have added our domain to the Setup\System Administration\System & Website page, but am getting this error when trying to add an Active Directory Group:

The validation of the data provided failed due to the following: Active directory group 'WinNT:/prtgadmins' not found The object has not been changed.

Any suggestions? We are running version 9.1.6.1963.

9-x active-directory integration

Created on Jan 17, 2012 8:26:43 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please try

WinNT://AD-Name/Group-Name

best regards.

Created on Jan 18, 2012 2:08:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

before updating to 9.1.6.1963 i could use the Drop-Down Menu to select the Group. Now its not possible to get a Drop-Down Menu. The settings in Setup\System Administration\System & Website are correct. If i type the domain Group manually i get no member for this group.

Is this problem fixed with update 9.2.0 ?

Created on Feb 9, 2012 1:58:41 PM

Votes:

Steffen, the Dropdown-Field is replaced by the 'normal input field' when the Active Directory has too many groups (and building this list of all groups would take too long), then you need to manually enter the group in the format:

WinNT:\\Domain\Group

Created on Feb 9, 2012 6:02:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

already I did that. I don't mentioned that PRTG creates the users with first Active Directory login. There where Local-PRTG useres named like in Active Directory so PRTG didn't create them. But if i deleted the Local-PRTG Users and signed on with the Active Directory user and pass it works very well. PRTG creates the Active Directory Useres automatically and join them to the specific Groups.

Thanks. Problem Solved.

Created on Feb 13, 2012 10:05:40 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.