What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP sensors aren't work.

Votes:

Dear support,

I upgraded to 9.1.6.1963 and my snmp sensors aren't working anymore. When I try to create a Traffic sensor, it shows a message error: "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP-Fehler # -2003)"

I did a test with one application in my PRTG server, MIBBROWSER.SHTML, and this application shows a snmp session correctly, but the sensor shows the same error.

If necessary, I can send to you this aplication session.

Regards,

Natasha

firewall prtg9 snmp

Created on Jan 18, 2012 9:03:09 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

this error means that PRTG cannot connect via SNMP to this host for SNMP Traffic Sensors. So first of all please check if the SNMP Settings (Version, Community String, port, eventual authentication, etc.) are correct. Then please also check if PRTG (or the PC on which PRTG is installed) is allowed to send SNMP Requests to the device in case. You can also use our SNMP Tester to test the SNMP-Functionality on the target device(s). You can also try adding a "SNMP Uptime Sensor", if this doesn't work then there is definitely a problem with the SNMP Communication.

Best Regards.

Created on Jan 19, 2012 2:00:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I did everything you said and I did a test with one application in my PRTG server (PC) and this application shows a snmp session correctly, but the sensor shows the same error.

I tried add a "SNMP System Uptime" (because I found only this sensor about snmp uptime) and this sensor shows same error: "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"

I don't know what the web page does to send a snmp request to a customer device. In my PRTG server (PC) it works normally, but in web page I can't do this snmp request.

I need to add that sensor asap. It's very important!

Regards,

Natasha.

Created on Jan 19, 2012 5:10:00 PM

Votes:

If you can "scan" the target device with the SNMP Tester, but not with PRTG, then you have the wrong SNMP Settings in PRTG (Community String, SNMP Version, Port, etc..)

Created on Jan 19, 2012 5:22:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.